Case study 1
Swiss asset manager already had an Experienced Investor Fund in Gibraltar and wished to also manage this from Gibraltar. Required a cost and time effective solution that would enable him to continue focusing on marketing and on their business back in Switzerland.
- Introduced the manager to the FSC.
- Produced and submitted to the FSC a full application for a MIFID licence.
- Successfully obtained the MIFID licence and set up the operational infrastructure.
- Provided middle and back office staff including compliance officer, senior manager and Director.
- Provided Office premises to the Gibraltar based investment managers employed directly by the MIFID firm.
Case study 2
Small hedge fund start up looking to establish itself in a well regulated European jurisdiction. VFS set up the Fund as an Experienced Investor Fund in order to expedite the time to market and was appointed as fund administrator. The manager also took advantage of the VFS platform in order to manage the fund from Gibraltar and eventually also appointed VFS as AIFM. The fund has enjoyed nine years of successful performance (annualised 25% on average) and continues to prosper whilst keeping its running costs to a minimum.